Friday, May 21, 2010

What is MOM MADNESS ?????

Well its 10:28pm and the house is quiet. I have survived another day of Mom Madness. What is Mom Madness? It starts first thing in the morning. Im usually up by 5:30am. I promise myself that the day will not be chaotic. I vow to have patience. I call my youngest daughter once. I hear a faint answer...I call again. This time a louder more enthusisastic. "YEEEEEES" ..The pitter patter of little tiny first grade feet. The water starts running. Mission Accomplished.
I have them scheduled to get up within fifteen minutes of each other. My youngest first, the oldest, then my middle child. I call my oldest next...no answer. I call again. Silence. I tell the youngest to finish washing up.
"OKKKAAAAYY !!" she calls in her excited still innocent voice. The water is off. Within minutes she is dressed and ready to go. Book bag already on her back. After all she has to get to Munchkin Monday or the Morning Show, whichever is going on that day.
I call my oldest again. Still silence. I listen to the time on the radio. I dont own a clock. I start panicking. This time I march to her room. She is buried under the covers. I get close to her and call her. Still no answer.
I swat her blanket. Now she's frowning and complaining.  "GET IN THAT BATHROOM !!!!!!!!!" I roar.
She drags herself out of bed, making sure she has a scowl on her face. The water starts running...she settles into the bathtub. Mission somewhat accomplished.
Now its time to battle with my middle child. I call her once. No answer. I dont waste time calling her again. I immediately yank the covers off her. She sits up and rests her face on her hands.
"GET DRESSED"
She shrugs. "I dont want to..."
Me: "Why not .."
"Because you keep on being mean to me.." She refuses to budge...
Can you feel my pain here people ? This is a daily battle. Not to mention  the permission slips that need to be signed minutes before we leave the house. Or how about my middle child deciding she needs to START doing her homework at 8:00am when school starts at 8:15am.
The madness picks back up in the evening. Everyone walks into the house and throws their things across the livingroom, then demand food. I enjoy hearing their stories about school. Keeping up with their schedule can be overwhelming.  Singlemotherhood is a tough balancing act. Sometimes you'd like to have a break. However you know what it is that you need to do. Its simply a matter of making it all work. I would love any tips you would like to share....

No comments:

Post a Comment