Monday, May 24, 2010

MONDAYS WHY WHY WHY

Can someone tell me why Monday Mornings at the compound have to be so difficult ??? Children have no concept of time. They could care less if they are late for school. They dont even care if they even go to school. As parents we know better and try our best to get them out of the door on time and FULLY DRESSED.

Our morning routine always consists of some sort of shouting and wrestling match. For right now, the littlest one is no problem. She is always upbeat and ready to face the day. However my nine and eleven year old need to be threatened and forcibly dragged from one room to the other every morning.

My eleven year old loves school. She would arrive at 6:00am if you let her. Its getting started thats difficult for her. Once she is up, she moves fairly quickly. Its her mouth that never slows down. She feels its her civic duty to hurl insult after insult to her sisters. "BUM !!!" she yells at her little sister before snatching back the pencil she borrowed. "UGLY !!!!!!!!" she snarls at her other sister for daring to look at her.

Thats mild compared to the contempt she shows to me her own mother. " I WAS DOING IT...GOSH !!!" is her response to my every request and or command. Thats the last thing I need first thing in the morning. When she and my seven year old walk out the door, I breathe a sigh of relief. Then I turn to the battle royale.

My nine year old is the last one out of the house. Ive stopped holding up the other ones. Whoever is ready can leave, except of course my seven year old. The school is a few block away. My eleven year old is capable of walking alone or walking along with her younger sister.

So now its time to do battle with Hannah. She will find any excuse to be stubborn. Its not only verbal stubborness. She will sit on the floor and refuse to budge. This happens almost daily. What fun, especially on a Monday morning. I try to make sure every thing is together on Sunday night. Hair braided, clothes washed, etc. Still there is one member of the family that is determined to cause a disturbance. Whats a mother to do besides feel like pulling her out. Im sure the neighbors dont need an alarm clock, they know what time it is by my shrill voice  !!!!!!!! CALGON TAKE ME AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry for the chaos in the mornings, but it's also good to hear I'm not the only one! I only have one -- a nine year old -- and boy! is it hard to get her going in the morning. I'm about to create a whole bedtime ritual, relaxation routine for her, so that she'll go to be EARLIER, with less hassle, which will hopefully help her get up with less fuss. God bless you sister and fight the good fight.
    Peace,
    alicia

    ReplyDelete