Friday, May 21, 2010

Mom Madness on Harlem Talk Radio

Welcome to the blog for Mom Madness on Harlem Talk Radio. Mom Madness is a weekly forty five minute show that focuses on advocacy and empowerment in the Harlem Community. Since we are an online radio station, we reach the Harlems Across America.

Mom Madness has been on the air for one year . Actually yesterday was the one year anniversary of Mom Madness. Our first guest last year was Angie Hancock, of Experience Harlem. My response to all of her questions was "Great..." LOOOL. I learned very quickly that hosting a show is alot harder than it looks. I am so thankful for the opportunity to reach an audience every week. Some of our past guests include:US Secretary of Education, Arne Duncan, Gov. David Paterson, George Soros, Angela Glover Blackwell, CEO of Policylink.org, Comptroller Bill Thompson, Public Advocate Bill deBlasio, Authors: Mo Willems, Jeff Kinney, Melissa Stoller, Ntozake Shange...
I have also interviewed several NYC agencies such as The Human Resources Administration, NYCares, Children's Aid Society, Food Bank for NYC...Safe Horizons, and many more... We are growing by leaps and bounds.
I am so excited to work on the issues of Childhood Literacy, fighting Childhood Obesity, Domestic Violence and of course fighting for the rights of the underserved.
Oh yeah and the reason for the title Mom Madness. I am the mother of three daughters. ages seven, nine and eleven.b Life can only be summed up in one word: MADNESS !! LOL.
Its a good madness that I would not trade for the world.
My daughters are amazing. Did I plan to be a single mother ? Nope. But you gotta roll with the punches.

No comments:

Post a Comment